Saturday 29 September 2012

Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi


Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi   

It has been a while since I put up a video so that seemed like the best thing to do now.  I realise I put up the recipe for Basbousa way back in June but I now I have the video to go with it.  And just in case you don't feel like hunting for the Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi  Blog from June here is the recipe I put up back then.

 2 cups semolina, (1 cup coarse and 1 cup fine semolina if you can get it)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup plain yoghurt
125g unsalted butter, melted

Syrup :
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
juice of half a lemon
a few drops of vanilla essence.

To make syrup:  Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until syrup thickens.  Add vanilla and leave to cool.
For the Basbousa, combine semolina, sugar, baking powder, and yoghurt in a large bowl.
Add melted butter and mix. Transfer mixture into a greased tray, 30cm x 25cm, and press firmly.  Cut into squares. 
Bake at 180°C (350°F/Gas mark 4) for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove Basbousa from oven and pour cooled syrup over hot Basbousa.

As for the video, I thought I had the kitchen to myself but I do get an impromptu visitor, which was nice but as they say the show must go on. 

The video is on YouTube but as usual just click on the link below to view how to make Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi. 



Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi   
 




Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi   

Basbousa with Yoghurt بسبوسة بالزبادى   Basbousa bil Laban Zabadi   

No comments:

Post a Comment